1. Tell when the Declaration of Independence was
2. Tell when the Constitution of the United States was signed.
3. Know the first two verses of the national anthem “The Star
Spangled Banner.” Tell who wrote it and when.
4. Know the Pledge of Allegiance. Explain what it means.
5. The United States Flag:
a. Tell what the thirteen stripes represent. Please list all thirteen.
b. From 1795 to 1818
there was something different about the US Flag. Find out what it was
and why it was changed.
c. Explain three proper
ways of displaying the United States flag.
d. Tell how you show
respect for the United States flag.
6. Do one of the following:
a. Find out what the parts of the flag are called. Draw a picture showing the
Canton Flag Staff
Field (or Ground) Peak
Fly End Union
b. Write a short story or
poem about one of the following
Why America Is Special To Me
What It Means To Be An American
What It Means To Be Free
If I Were President.
7. Make a list of the 50 states of the United States of America.
8. Name the current President, Vice-President, and the Speaker
of the House.
9. Name the two Senators for your state and the representative
for your congressional district.
10. Render a service that benefits a neighborhood or community.